James Hargest College ensures that our international students have a caring and homely environment in which to live.
Living with a New Zealand family is the best way to:
- really experience the ‘kiwi’ way of life
- make friends and settle in quickly
- improve your English skills
- are carefully selected by us
- are subject to all the requirements of New Zealand law,
including police checks
- provide a caring home environment
- are interested in your welfare
- will be involved in your academic progress
- will keep in regular contact with staff at school
- will include you as one of their family
- provide you with your own room and study area
The Home Stay Co-ordinator of International Students, takes a personal interest in the placement of every student and ensures that they are placed as closely as possible with the type of homestay family they prefer.