James Hargest College is a top achieving high school in New Zealand. We enjoy welcoming students from other countries so we too can learn about other cultures. James Hargest College is outward looking with a focus on excellence.
Regardless of your goals (gaining academic qualifications, improving their English or experiencing our culture and activities) we will support all you do to enjoy your time at James Hargest College.
Our experienced team of pastoral and academic staff go out of their way to ensure all our International Students have the ultimate experience that you will remember forever.
There are many additional benefits of becoming a James Hargest College International Student such as free tutoring, Study Centre after school and a large Friendship Club to organise events and activities. However, the main aim is to help International Students integrate and make friends. This means successful and happy students!
I encourage you to explore our website and make contact with me if you are interested in attending high school in New Zealand or want to find out more information.
Director of International Students
Telephone: 0064 27 230 9785
Line/ WeChat ID: larabuchanan
Outstanding School Facilities
- Two campuses: Junior (Years 7-8); Senior (Years 9-13)
- Large, warm indoor cafeteria
- University style Study Centre (Library)
- Full internet connectivity in all classrooms
- Exciting Art and Music Studios
- Multi-purpose Sports Complex (3 gymnasia under one roof)
- Business Education Centre
- Active International Friendship Club - regular events
- Nationally accredited Outdoor Recreation Course
- Vibrant music scene - classical groups, rock bands, jazz bands, Concert Band, orchestra, choirs, etc
- After-school Study Centre - Free tutoring available from specialist teachers
- High Performance Sports Unit (for selected elite sports students)
- Individualised Educational Pathway Planning for all students
Points of Difference
- Culture of academic excellence (many national academic awards)
- Huge range and choice of study courses available (big school so more choice)
- Established International Programme (18 year’s experience)
- Warm and welcoming atmosphere for International Students
- Strong values based environment, including service to the community
- High level of personalised in-class ESOL (sometimes two teachers in a class!)
- IELTS exam preparation
International Studies Team
Lara,Christine, Kylie, Shellee
Teacher in Charge ESOL Teacher
Deputy Principal (Junior Campus)