As a school, we are comfortable for students to bring their preferred device to school. We will not be advocating one device over the other. This year students have used a range of devices including iPads, Laptops, chrome books and tablets. As a primary device we recommend the following minimum specifications:
- Minimum screen size of 7 inches (minimum usable resolution of 1024 x 600)
- Running iOS11.0+, or Android 6.0+, Mac OSX 10.11+ (El Capitan) or Windows 10
- Battery life of 5-6 hours
- Wireless Capability
- Minimum storage for tablets of 32GB (due to the increasing size of apps)
- Google Chrome installed (Google Cloud Print is used for printing from student devices)
- Protective case is strongly recommended
- Bluetooth keyboard or keyboard/tablet case combination is recommended
Please be aware that these minimum specs could change during the year as the apps we use are updated.
We recommend buying a device that is or can be updated to the latest operating system as this will give the device a longer life.
Updated September 2018