Home Zone Map as PDF
All students who live within the home zone described below and shown on the attached map shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
The home zone includes both sides of the street, or road, centre line and is bounded by:
- Mill Road North from SH No 1 to Findlay Road
- Findlay Road from Mill Road North to Racecourse Road
- Racecourse Road from Findlay Road to St Andrew Street
- St Andrew Street from Racecourse Road to Queens Drive
- Queens Drive from St Andrew Street to Gala Street
- Gala Street from Queens Drive to Dee Street
- Dee Street from Gala Street to Victoria Avenue
- Victoria Avenue from Dee Street to Waihopai River
- Waihopai River from Victoria Avenue to New River Estuary
- New River Estuary from Waihopai River to Oreti River
- Oreti River from New River Estuary to West Plains Road
- Taramoa-West Plains Road from West Plains Road to Taramoa Road
- Taramoa Road from Taramoa-West Plains Road to SH No 99
- Oreti River from SH 99 to Wilson's Crossing Road.
- Wilsons Crossing Road from The Oreti River to Tussock Creek - Grove Bush Road
- Tussock Creek - Grove Bush Road from Wilsons Crossing Road to Grove Bush - Woodlands Road
- Grove Bush - Woodlands Road from Tussock Creek - Grove Bush Road to SH No 98
- Lorneville - Dacre SH No 98 from Grove Bush - Woodlands Road to SH No 1
- SH No 1 from SH No 98 to Mill Road North
Proof of residence within the home zone may be required.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in that year or in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how many out of zone places are available and will specify a date. If there are more enrolments than places available, applications will be processed by ballot in the following order of priority:
This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary of Education.
will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
will be given to applicants where a parent is a former student of the school.
will be given to applicants who are children of board employees.
will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants groups than there are places available, selection within each priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11 G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the results by mail.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.